Friday

Lessons



If there is one thing I can say about life it is that it will never take it easy on you. It gives you lessons and its up to you to learn from them and grow stronger and better or be a wimp and cower away from what you know you should do.

My daughter and I still struggle. She is doing better. I learned something about myself this last month. I am so much stronger than I ever thought I was. There were moments this last month where I just wanted to give up but I knew that I couldn't and somewhere inside of me I had to reach in and gather my strength. It surprised me then just how much I managed to grasp! Where did it all come from? It came from love. Love for my daughter and my desire for her to be well.

And in all of this madness and pain my daughter and I grew closer and we gained something very valuable out of it all. I'm sure there are many things that my daughter gained from this whole experience too but it may be awhile before she can fully grasp that. And she will continue to grow and to gain as she works through this and so will I.
Life sometimes throws you painful horrible things. When that happens you only have two options. Work through or wimp out. If you wimp out. You can bet your lucky stars that you will get this lesson again. Possibly in a different format but mark my words you will get it. Why tempt fate. Just get it over with and move on because sure enough it's only a matter of time before your next lesson begins!

12 comments:

Liara Covert said...

I love your blog perspective about life lessons. Each of us does have choices. We can choose to learn and grow or we can choose not to do that. Every moment offers new choices to act or not act. Great post! You're a blessing!

Mark said...

It is great that you are aware of the the lessons presented to you and that you are bravely stepping up to learn the lessons the first time.

bokjae said...

Glad to see you back. Wow! I must say without all these storm in a tea cup, our lives cannot be enriched. Its important to learn the lessons offered here! good to know you and your daughter are closer!

whatswithinu said...

Desiree, you are one courageous woman and an inspiration. Keep hanging in there and know that as you continue to master these lessons, they will show up less and less.

Helen Burton said...

What a beautiful gift you are receiving by looking for ways to move forward and learn the lessons in front of you.

I am learning very hard lessons, my husband and best friend, Bob past away suddenly on January 10,2008. The miracle was he did not suffer, died with dignity and had friends and family sending him love.

Today I am learning life still goes on and there are many opportunities and gifts I am receiving every day.

I am writing about my daily experiences on my blog and if you get a chance I would love for you to visit. Helen

Desiree said...

Liara, Thank you very much for your kind words!

Desiree said...

Mark, Thanks your thoughts are always appreciated!

Desiree said...

Bokjae,
Always a pleasure to see you my friend. Yes you are so correct in what you say. Working through the hard times does enrich our lives and make us stronger and better souls!

Desiree said...

whatswithinu, Thank you so much for your kind words of support. They are much appreciated!

Desiree said...

Helen, I'm truly sorry for your pain. That sounds like an awful lot to go through in such a short period of time. You are very strong and very wise! Thank you for stopping by and sharing her with us!

Mike Flounlacker said...

Hi Desiree
I am working on a couple of projects and its our goal to change the world one friendship at a time. I was bored and I googled "how do I change the world" and here I am. So I welcome you to join us and be our friend. Our first goal is to get a clean water source to a small village in Tanzania. Here is a link to a film my partner is working on. Please invite anyone you know that wants to help us create a better world.
https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=cmcxSXQvcGtiV3p2Wmc9PQ
Let me know what you think- my email is mike@bayside.cc

tzongyih said...

Wow..
I love your articles and it always brings me some idea.
Thanks and I love it.